Little golden crispy balls of goodness dipped into warm, cheeky vegan Nutella. Um, HELL YEAH!! I broke my flimsy piping bag trying to pipe these churros the traditional way and in sugar-monster fueled desperation I decided to make little balls and man am I stoked I did because the crispy texture makes this dish in my opinion!
These are perfect for a couch party, best paired with Netflix and unicorn onesies.
30-40 small balls
- 1 Cup water
- ½ Tsp. Vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- ½ Cup cane sugar
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar for dusting
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon for dusting
- 4 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Coco Powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Add the water, vanilla, oil and sugar to a small pot and heat till it starts to bubble.
- Slowly add the flour to the mixture and give it a good stir with a sturdy wooden spoon, making sure there are no lumps.
- Thick dough will form; just stir it as much as you can to mix it all together.
- Set aside to cool for 15 mins
- Roll little balls from the dough, the size of a macadamia nut is best.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a medium sized pot, enough for the balls to float, and when its hot, slowly place the balls into the oil and fry till golden brown.
- Place the golden brown balls on a serviette-lined plate to soak off some of the oil before placing them into a bowl with the dusting, making sure they are generously covered in cinnamon and sugar.